Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chelsea vs Manchester City

On Thursday night, I had the privilege of attending a one-of-a-kind event at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, MO: the Chelsea versus Manchester City soccer match. They completely transformed the baseball stadium into a soccer field for the two English teams to play. Tickets sold out within minutes for this game and I'm lucky enough to have a friend who scored some tickets through her dad who has season passes for Cardinals games. We had amazing seats - 17th row almost directly behind one of the goals. The atmosphere in the stadium was electric, a very different feel from Cardinals games. We sat near a section full of Chelsea fans straight from England who were chanting and singing the entire time. As a former [although terrible] soccer player, I really appreciate the sport and it's amazing to see such passionate fans. It also didn't hurt that these were cute, British soccer players. I think I'm going to have to add an item to my bucket list: see a soccer match in Europe!

 

Jenna and I at the match

Warm-up



Couldn't resist getting a shirt and scarf!
 
                                        I might start wearing this around my apartment, I love it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment