Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Air Plants

Last week we had a "Summer Party" at work.  I get performance anxiety anytime we have those parties and have to play silly games.  Somehow, though, my team managed to win a rousing game of Pictionary. My prize? This:

 
My first thought: What the heck is it? Sort of a weird prize for work party. Apparently it's an air plant. They grow without having to be attached to anything or planted in soil. They take in their nutrients through the leaves so you are supposed to water them by misting about twice a week. Apparently they also offshoot babies that you can detach and give to friends! I'm intrigued and, after reading this Better Homes and Gardens article, I'm kind of excited for it to start growing offshoots! Now if I can just find one of those awesome glass planters to hang from my ceiling...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I want some air plants so badly! Maybe I could keep from killing them. ;)I don't even know where to find them around here.

    ReplyDelete