Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Green Bay Bound...

Later today my mother and I will be leaving to head to Green Bay, Wisconsin so that we can say goodbye to my dear friend Kelly Jo.  I've been trying to prepare myself for her funeral services as I know it will be very difficult and mentally exhausting. However, I'm very grateful to be going and celebrating her beautiful life with her family and friends.  Over the past week, I've realized how many amazing people KJ had the honor of calling her friends.  Several have reached out to me and I'm so thankful that we can all come together for support even if we don't know each other. I'm excited to meet her LA friends as well as reconnect with her high school friends that I met so many years ago. I can't wait to listen to all of their Kelly Jo stories.  Traveling to Green Bay one more time will be bittersweet. We made many fun memories there together; it was a home-away-from-home. I ask for continued prayers for her family and friends as we try to say goodbye.



Kelly Jo's beautiful obituary

Fundraiser in memory of Kelly Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment