Monday, August 5, 2013

Thrifting Find: Metal Box

Over the past couple of years, I've been getting into thrifting little by little. I go to thrift stores often with clients and usually stick to looking for my classics for cheap.  But lately I've been poking around a bit more. Now I tend to look for teacups/teapots, nesting dolls, anything with pugs, globes, maps, and the list goes on and on.

Remember my one line a day journal?  Well I love that project, but the note cards have just sat on my kitchen table for months. Literally. They needed a more permanent home. So this weekend I found the perfect metal box for $.99 while out thrifting.


 
The color is sort of hideous, but just okay enough for me to love it. Even the old piece of tape gives it character. Eventually I might try to do something with it. But for now, I'm just glad those things are off my table.

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Spray paint it or use washi tape to decorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, 1) I love that color anyway, and 2) there are so many DIY ideas in my head right now that I might just have to head over to Relics and try to find a few of these myself....

    ReplyDelete