Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Birthday, America!

Well...I just spent an hour looking through every photo album that I have on my laptop and I haven't been able to find even one firework, American flag, or 4th of July related pic to post on the blog today.

I'm kind of late to the party when it comes to loving the 4th of July. I was a wimp as a small child and hated fireworks because of the loud noises. My parents have countless pictures of me crying with my fingers in my ears. And in high school I worked at a tourist trap most every 4th. Last year we had over 100 degree weather and severe drought in Missouri so all of the fireworks were canceled around here. There was even a ban on people setting off their own fireworks. That's why when Scott and I wanted to hang out the next day after our first date last year --4th of July-- we went and saw a movie.

This year is much different. Temperatures in the 80s somehow. Scott and I will be attending 2 BBQ's, watching fireworks, and playing with the sparklers that he bought for me last year that we were banned from lighting.

Happy Independence Day! Hopefully I can resist the urgeto stick my fingers in my ears...

1 comment:

  1. I looked for 4th of July pics as well and I couldn't find any! It's so weird because I love this holiday! I guess it's time to start documenting the 4th! lol

    ReplyDelete