Saturday, July 20, 2013

Travel Squirrel Takes on Chicago!

Remember when I introduced you to my travel squirrel?  Well, of course, I had to take him along to Chicago so he could help me document the trip.  Also Scott was expecting pics.  I think the squirrel rather enjoyed himself. At least I hope so.


We had to be at the Amtrak Station bright and early on Thursday to catch our train to Chicago.


Our journey started at 6:40 am when the Amtrak left St. Louis.
 

We were pretty famished after our train ride so we grabbed some Chicago-style deep dish pizza. Who could pass that up in Chicago? It was delicious.

 
 
After dinner, we walked around town a while and saw the old Water Tower that survived the Great Chicago Fire. It was gorgeous at night.
 
 
The next day was a sight-seeing day!
 
 

 
We had to go see The Bean. 
 
 
And the squirrel wanted a reflection picture too.
 
 
Unfortunately, the squirrel was pooped out and needed to rest in the hotel room for the rest of the trip. Luckily though, I took several more pictures to document. 
 


1 comment: