Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday Tunes: The Daylights, Part II

Remember earlier this month when I introduced y'all to The Daylights? Well, funny story about them.  At the end of June I went back to my hometown for the fair to see some of my friends that were in town.  The first night of the fair, I was sitting with my friends Kaylan and Andrea in the beer garden (classy, I know) and in walk three guys that just didn't seem to...fit in...in Sullivan.  Two of them looked super familiar but I just couldn't place them. Until I realized...The Daylights! I sat there for several minutes, freaking out inside my head, and texting Jessica about what I should do. I'm not good with musicians and talking to people about music. Especially THEIR music. Again, I can be awkward. But I just couldn't let this go. They were on MY turf, after all.

So up I walk, introduce myself, and ask if they were in The Daylights. They seemed surprised to be recognized and introduced themselves. Ricky and Svend.


I told them I had seen them open for NeedtoBreathe a couple years ago. Ricky was super nice and talked to me for a good while about their new album they're working on, NeedtoBreathe's new album, small towns, etc. He said that one of their friends, Brian McConnell, was opening for Dustin Lynch at the fair that night (both country singers) and Brian had asked them to play in his band.  I asked him about their video "I Hope This Gets to You" that I posted on my other blog post. He asked me about the fair and my hometown. It was just crazy. Or maybe I'm crazy. Anyway, he talked until the other guy (the other guitarist) looked at his watch and they ran right up to the stage to play. It was a good surprise and a good night. :)


1 comment: