Friday, June 7, 2013

June 6 & 7: More Birthdays!

I probably won't typically have so many  birthday posts, but a lot of important people were born in June!

Let's start with my sweet friend Sommer. I met her through my great friend Jessica while I was in grad school. The first time I heard Sommer laugh, I knew immediately that I wanted to be her friend. She has the best laugh. When I lived in Springfield, we would work out to the "Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred" video several times a week...and then celebrate burning calories with a late night McDonald's run. Fun story-Sommer once made me pancakes with a dash of chili powder (thinking it was cinnamon). Sommer has turned out to be one of my closest friends. She can always make you laugh and every time I'm around her, darn it, I just want to dance! Happy Birthday (yesterday) Sommer!




The second birthday I'm celebrating today is my father's.  My brother and I were so lucky to grow up with such an awesome role model. He is the most caring and hardworking guy I know. He would give the shirt off his back to anyone who needed it. I don't think he even realizes all the great qualities he has. Some of my favorite things about my dad is his corny sense of humor, his ability to polka, the never-failing love he gives his family, and his dimples. Every time I was in trouble as a kid, he'd eventually crack and start showing his dimples before you'd see him smile. That's when I knew I was in the clear. :) Even though he'll probably never read this, Dad-I love you and I'm so thankful for everything that you do.



No comments:

Post a Comment