Monday, June 10, 2013

Paint.NET

Since I started this blogging thing, I've been pretty fed up with the quality of photos I take to post.  I'm too cheap and technologically challenged to use Photo Shop and I know very little next to nothing about camera settings and photo editing. Which is sad because I own a pretty nice Nikon that I'm not doing justice with.

My friend Jessica told me about Paint.NET awhile back but I didn't download it until the other day. It's a free editing program similar to Photo Shop and, as far as I can tell, it's pretty awesome. I haven't gotten to play around with it too much, but here's a before photo and an after which was edited with Paint.NET.


Original

 

After editing
As you can see from the before, the photo was very washed out and crooked. The second photo was straightened and the contrast/saturation/color was adjusted. It's pretty bright, but so much more vibrant than before. Thanks for the suggestion Jess!

1 comment:

  1. Right now I probably use paint.net even more than photoshop (although I just ordered a book for my edition, so that may change soon). I actually just redid a bunch of stuff on my blog (buttons, picture, grab buttons) and I used paint.net for all of it. I'm still no expert, but really it's all about just messing around with it and figuring out what buttons do what. ;)

    Also, that picture has me pining for Portland. Sad face.

    ReplyDelete