Thursday, June 27, 2013

Weekend in Springfield: Day 1

As I teased about on Saturday, I spent a very fun-filled weekend in my old college town with one of my besties Jess. I took advantage of the fact that I had a wedding to attend in Springfield on Saturday and just ended up taking over Jessica's couch and living room all weekend.

I got there around 10 pm on Thursday night so we stayed up well past midnight (have I mentioned how hard that is to do the older I get?) talking about the joys of apartment living, blogging, and music. And when I say talk about music, I really mean that Jessica tells me all the good new stuff she's found so that I can start listening to it too.

Saturday we got up early to browse a thrift store and then we climbed to the top of a parking garage downtown to take some outfit pics for our blogs (you'll just have to wait and see those!).


Then we met up with another grad school classmate, Shaye, for brunch at Tea Bar & Bites Bakery.



Herb quiche and Thai noodles....yum!
Umm...delicious! I've been to the Tea Bar with my friend Aly before and I've never been disappointed!  If you're in Springfield, check it out. I definitely recommend their quiches!


Three of "the clinicals"!

Tea Bar & Bites
After brunch, Jess and I walked around downtown Springfield and took more pictures. I had  to include this picture of one of my favorite places in Springfield...Finnegan's Wake! So many fun memories there.
 

 Then we ended up at one of Jessica's favorite places, Elle's Patisserie. They have ice cream, truffles, pastries, and other tasty looking treats. I went with the Triple Chocolate Truffle ice cream and Jessica had her go-to: lavender ice cream. She also treated me to a few bites of a chocolate macaroon and a maple-bacon macaroon. Yum!

How cute is this place?


We did a little more damage at various other stores (including an awesome bookstore and another antique store!) before calling it quits. Our last stop of the day was Jo-Ann's Fabric Store. I picked up some yards of blue fabric for my mom's first quilting project and I grabbed some cute swatches for a future Pinterest-inspired project.

 
 Here are a few other favorites from the day!
 
I wanted to bring these two hotties home from the antique store. The one-legged man really needed some TLC.

Isn't she adorable?!

2 comments:

  1. Those men mannequins are amazing. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! So fabulous. They looked like mannequin streakers!

      Delete