Friday, June 28, 2013

Weekend in Springfield: Day 2

Day 2 of Springfield! Wow this was an action-packed day. Jessica and I got up early (again) to try to beat the Missouri heat and take some pictures outside. It was also pretty windy.  Here is a bit of a blooper to an upcoming outfit post...I don't do "windblown" very well. :)


Also - I love weeds. Nature is just beautiful!


We changed clothes and headed out to try to find some fun places downtown to explore.




Jessica suggested Founder's Park for photos. I was so tempted to take off my shoes and frolic in the water, but I wasn't that brave. Also there was a shady character lingering in the park behind us. This park is super cool though. When I went to school in Springfield, they showed movies here "under the stars." Unfortunately I never went. Oh, if I could turn back time.


Me trying to pull off one of Jessica's poses. :)
 Before it got too ungodly hot, we headed to The Brown Egg for brunch. We each had $10 coupons that we bought for $5 online the day before. And boy was it worth every penny! Not only was it an adorable atmosphere, the food was amazing.




 
I had the "Californian breakfast burrito." It had chicken, egg, spinach, mozzarella, and avocado. It was huge but so good I couldn't stop eating!
 
Eventually we had to head back so I could get ready for my friend Juli's wedding.  I grew up with Juli and we've remained friends since grade school. Fun story about her: she once asked me to babysit her 2 chinchillas for a week. Long story short, by the time she came back from her trip, there were 2 adult chinchillas and 3 tiny baby chinchillas.
 
Juli and Colt got married in the nearby town of Rogersville at a cute outdoor venue called Samuel Cedars.  I was afraid it was going to be absolutely sweltering hot but it was pretty well shaded.
 
 


 
 
I unfortunately didn't stay long into the reception because I knew next to no-one aside from the bride, her mother, and a bridesmaid. But it was beautiful and I'm so excited I got to see my gorgeous friend marry her man. :)
 
I got back to Springfield in just enough time to head out with Jessica to another Springfield Park - Nathanael Greene. Oh my, is that place pretty! Here are some of my favorites but don't be surprised to see more of this place in the future. :)
 

 



 
 
 
 
 
As we were heading back to Jessica's, she decided to abruptly pull over on the side of a road so we could wade through a field to take pics with the sunset. So lovely!
 

 

Definitely more of those field pics to come!
 
We ended the night relaxing in the hot tub and pool...which felt amazing on our aching feet! What a perfect day. I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment