Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weekend in Springfield: Day 3

Dang. Day #3 in Springfield meant time to go home. :( Man I miss that place. Especially after having weekends like that. Luckily Jessica and I squeezed in just a little bit more fun before I had to say good bye.

We started the morning out right - with delicious food and fabulous hot tea. I demanded that Jessica show me how to make her breakfast egg souffles. I saw them on her blog a few months ago and couldn't stand to live any longer without eating one. Mine was filled with bacon and mozzarella cheese and washed down with Earl Grey Creme tea from Teavana. (Yup, I had to stop at the mall before heading out of Springfield to get about a 1/2 pound of that tea...)



After breakfast we headed out to...you guessed it...take more pictures. (Eventually I'm going to learn how to use my DSLR the way it's supposed to be used. For now, though, we'll just practice by taking it to parks and around town.)

First stop: Commercial Street. This street is one that you are notoriously supposed to avoid in Springfield. Well, you should probably just avoid all of north Springfield in general. But there are some pretty good shops and spots on Commercial. So we braved it.

There is a fabulous walking bridge over several railroad tracks on Commercial. Apparently it's where all the Springfield hipsters go to take pictures. :)







Also we ran around in the middle of the street.



We escaped Commercial unscathed and headed to one of my favorite parks in town, Sequiota. I used to work on the east side of town and this was one of my favorite spots. There are caves, rocks, ponds, and ducks. Lots of ducks.



 
 
Jessica likes to climb rocks.
I stick to the rocks closer to the ground.


Again, the heat got the best of us. After going to the mall, we needed one last lunch together. Because tons of stuff is closed on Sundays in Springfield, we headed to the Aviary Cafe and Creperie. This place is too cute. I absolutely love how they decorate and the food isn't bad either.



 
I went with the "Hen & Pine" crepe which tasted a little like chicken and dumplings inside a crepe and topped with pesto and pine nuts. Some of my favorite things!

In short, I had a very delicious, laughter-filled, and amazing weekend. The only thing I would have changed was to have stayed a smidge longer. Go check out Jessica's recap of the weekend over at (More or Less) Jess. She's a pretty cool chick. :)

2 comments: